Friday, October 17, 2008

The gift of music

I've been blessed to have it in my life. Anyone who knows me, knows how much I love to sing. It's one of my greatest passions. I took up guitar playing not too long ago to accompany my singing. I'm still not great at it, but I love it. I'm a pro at finding songs I like to sing on the internet and teaching myself how to play them. I convinced myself years ago that I could not write my own stuff. I started a song months ago, but gave up after writing the first verse. A few nights ago, I took it out, and put some chords to it. I had a melody in my head from when I very first started the song months before. To make a long story short, I finished my very first song! Let's be honest, it's not the most brilliant thing you'll ever hear, but I'm pretty proud of it! I hope I get to share it with you all in some way or another! And I hope I can continue to write music! I've had many musical influences in my life. First and foremost, my family. My brothers are especially talented at writing and playing music. They can do it all! Lethe, you are a musical inspiration to me as well. I still want to record a cd with you! And there are many others. Just to let you all learn a little more about me, here are my current top ten faves (the ones who have already made it, that is). My brothers deserve some props for always finding the great new stuff!: 1. COLDPLAY 2. NEEDTOBREATHE 3. MAT KEARNEY 4. GUSTER 5. IMOGEN HEAP 6. COLBIE CAILLAT 7. THOMAS NEWMAN 8.SAFETYSUIT (GONE AWAY, ESPECIALLY) 9. PETER BRADLEY ADAMS 10. THE FRAY. I have so many more favorites, but rememeber, these are my CURRENT ones. Check them out if you haven't already!

No comments: